Today I am doing a review and giveaway that is a little different, because I was swayed by how adorable the product was… Can you even stand it??
I have mentioned the mama who imports these gorgeous nappy covers before, as she has a few different and all equally amazing businesses – I am in love with her jewelry business Miiniimee, but that isn’t what we are here to chat about today.
Carmi is a very busy work at home mom to the gorgeous 2 year old Axel and wife to Dave; they recently relocated from Cape Town to Joburg. She has a passion for unique jewelry pieces and finding things to make her life as a toddler mom easier, which she extended into her BaBa Bear business.
Carmi was about to embark on the terrifying journey that is potty training when she came across these online. They are designed to be potty training pants, and when she saw them she realised how perfect they would be as nappy covers as well. I am not quite ready to take on potty training myself, but I absolutely see the value in covering up Miss Cs nappy with cute covers for Summer.
Charly absolutely loves her nappy covers. While I’ve mentioned her love of ducks before, I don’t think I’ve mentioned that she also loves cupcakes which she calls “cuppycakes” (which makes my heart smile every single time), so her response to the package when it arrived was extremely excited and loud
Carmi imports these gorgeous items from overseas. They are soft cotton on the outside, and TPU (the same as used in modern cloth diapers) on the inside to create a slightly padded and waterproofed area. As with any other underwear used to potty train, they aren’t fully waterproof and absorbent (they aren’t nappies after all). While they may cushion a first wee better than regular undies, they would still need to be changed as soon as possible.
I was a little worried that the covers might not fit Charly nicely, as she still has a little of her baby chubby leggies at the top (which are disappearing too fast now that she is so incredibly active). We got the large size (13 – 17 kgs) and they fit beautifully over her Huggies Gold nappies.
They come in three sizes, large as above; medium for 11 – 13kgs and small for 7-12 kgs. Carmi suggests getting one size bigger than your little is now if you are planning to use them as covers as opposed to training pants, so that they are comfy. What I love about this is that when I am eventually ready to take the potty training route, these should still fit perfectly as training pants without the nappy
And now over to the main attraction; BaBaBear is giving away 2 adorable nappy covers to one lucky mommy!!
How to enter…
1) Like BaBa Bear on Facebook
2) Like Pregnant in Cape Town & Ever After on Facebook
3) Share this post on Facebook with the super easy button at the end of the post
4) Comment below or on the pinned post on my Facebook page to let me know where you have shared & shown the love
YOU CAN EARN 5 EXTRA ENTRIES (one for each) BY…
1. Sharing which cover you would love and in which size on the pinned post on the Pregnant in Cape Town facebook page.
2. Following Pregnant in Cape Town on Twitter and sharing this post on Twitter with the button below. Comment with your Twitter handle for your entry to count.
3. Following Pregnant in Cape Town on Google+ and sharing this post on Google+ with the button below. Comment with your Google+ handle for your entry to count.
4. Following Pregnant in Cape Town on Pinterest and sharing this post on Pinterest with the button below. Comment with your Pinterest handle for your entry to count.
5. Subscribing to my blog for one weekly update mail on my posts from the week, by entering your email into the subscribe bar at the bottom of the page. Comment to let me know to check for your name in my records.
Best of luck mommies!!
Sending all the love xx
*This giveaway is sadly only open to current residents of South Africa